LIVE THE GAME

ASEK CORE PLAYERS LOUNGE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Answer this Riddle

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 am

IF YOU SOLVE THESE 4 PUZZLES... I will reveal a little secret about this forum

Three pirates are playing poker over a treasure chest that they dug up. However, for some strange reason all three of them always get a royal flush. Pirate #1 suggests that instead of playing poker, they each write their name on a piece of paper and draw a name out of a hat, which they all agree too. Pirate #1 tears a piece of paper into three sections equal in both shape and size, and distributes the pieces. After putting all their names into a hat, Pirate #1 blindfolds himself and then draws out a name, which turns out to be his own name. Unfortunately, by then the two other pirates have snuck off with the treasure chest. The question is, how did Pirate #1 manage to cheat and draw his own name?

On Dec. 10, 1995, a certain event happened in the NBA that had never happened before. What was it? And no, the answer is not "two Canadian teams played each other"

One of Bob's tables has a table leg that is half an inch shorter than the other ones. Being extremely lazy, Bob uses an item commonly found in a kitchen to balance that leg, but unfortunately he must replace it every couple hours. What is it? And no, don't answer like "He uses this item, but eventually it gets crushed under the weight of the table." That does not happen.

A two-seater is more fuel efficient than a van. However, John drives his van more than his two-seater, because it is cheaper for him to drive his van. How is this possible?

Please include all four correct answers in your response.

View user profile http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/

27 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

I think i have the second two sorted out, with no googles, does anybody have the first two? PM ME!

View user profile

28 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

ACTUALLY, MAKE IT 5 RIDDLES THAT YOU NEED TO ANSWER

Riddle 5:

There is a door. On the two sides of the door are a statue of a knight and the statue of a queen.

You have eleven symbols: the , a rainbow, a triangle, a bowling ball, the symbol for the Olympic games, four-leaf clover, number 1, an octupus, a monkey, a bicycle, Saturn, and a crown

There is a sign on the door that says "I am 20. I will open to that which is greater than me."

On a pedestal in front of the door there are spots to put TWO symbols. Which two symbols do you choose, and why.

Obviously, this one is incredibly vague and tough. Hints will drop about every day. Unfortunately, hints have been predetermined, so it may overlap with what you already know.

29 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am

ASEK Core wrote:ACTUALLY, MAKE IT 5 RIDDLES THAT YOU NEED TO ANSWER

Riddle 5:

There is a door. On the two sides of the door are a statue of a knight and the statue of a queen.

You have eleven symbols: the , a rainbow, a triangle, a bowling ball, the symbol for the Olympic games, four-leaf clover, number 1, an octupus, a monkey, a bicycle, Saturn, and a crown

There is a sign on the door that says "I am 20. I will open to that which is greater than me."

On a pedestal in front of the door there are spots to put TWO symbols. Which two symbols do you choose, and why.

I THINK that i have a few of the numbers sorted out so far, but it's a tricky bunch. does anyone have any ideas at this stage?

Spoiler:

1 number 1, (too obvious?)

2 bicycle, (two tires BI)

3 triangle, (duh)

4 four-leaf clover, (again, maybe too obvious)

5 Olympic games, (five rings)

6 Saturn, (sixth planet from the sun)

7 rainbow, (seven colors)

8 octupus, (8 legs, or arms, depending on who you ask)

bowling ball, (this one seemed like it could be either three or ten, because of the wholes in the ball, or the pins it hits)

monkey, (you could count fingers and toes, maybe, but then you just add any other number to it to be greater than twenty, so that's probably not it.)

crown (I GOT NOTHIN.)

Maybe i'm being too literal?
What do you guys think?

View user profile

30 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 am

What the heck. I sent in the baseball player answer, but it didn't appear.... oh well, on to the next. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

31 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Pirate 1 cheated by using the middle piece of paper, which had two torn edges.

On December 10, 1995, "James Worthy became the sixth player in Los Angeles Lakers’ history to have his jersey (42) retired." Yeah, I googled.

Bob could use the ice out of an ice tray, which is wedge shaped. Meltey meltey.

John is a dad, so has more than 2 people to cart around, so would have to make more trips if he took the 2-seater.

You put the 1 next to the olympic symbol to get 100000.

View user profile

32 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm

wow, beon, way to go!

View user profile

33 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm

If puzzle number 5 was that easy... you wouldn't need hints. WRONG

Also, for the basketball puzzle, you didn't need to google to find the answer. Just think about it logically.

34 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:33 pm

What about the other answers? Which of his answers are correct, if any?

View user profile

35 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Once again... you will need to put all five correct answers in a single post.
Today's hint will instead be on puzzle two, since it apparently hasn't been solved.
Hint: Riddles are not meant to be googled. Read the entire riddle, and you will find the answer.

36 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 pm

"On Dec. 10, 1995, a certain event happened in the NBA that had never happened before. What was it? And no, the answer is not "two Canadian teams played each other""

The jersey retiring can't be it, since that has clearly happened before—five times, in fact.

The hint suggests that we need to read the whole question. The section at the end about canadian teams playing eachother feels like an unnecessary addition, which suggests that probably there's something in there that's important. Any ideas?

View user profile

37 Life, the Universe, and Everything on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Bear

Pirate 1 cheated by using the middle piece of paper, which had two torn edges.

Score = Date: 121-095 (12-10-95)

Ice.

John = dad = more trips

Crown. The numbers in Chess for the Queen and Knight can add up to 20. The crown can represent the King, which is greater than any other Chess Piece.

38 Cont'd on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Bear

David Robinson & New York Knicks(Double Overtime)

39 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:50 pm

INCORRECT

40 Re: Answer this Riddle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:53 pm

There are a lot of riddles in here, and most of them have multiple answers—and we're getting dinged for not coming up with the answer that the ASEK Core has in mind. Frustrating.

View user profile

41 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

Maybe you don't understand. Bear is obviously incorrect because THE VALUE OF A KNIGHT AND A QUEEN IN CHESS IS 12!!!!! The man does not know basic math.

Also, riddles are supposed to be frustrating. Twisted Evil Especially if they're revealing secrets. Don't worry - there will be hints.

42 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 am

man, it's enogh to make you want to ragequit, lol. Especially if the secret is that the ASEK core created the forum.

View user profile

43 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:45 am

Know what makes you ragequit? When people go on Google to look for the answer to a riddle.

44 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 am

Hey man, it's your game. If you don't like the way we're playing, change the rules. But don't be surprised if we decide to take our ball and go home.

It's supposed to be a game, right? If you want me to play, it's got to be fun.

View user profile

45 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:57 am

You're exactly right. Which is why Riddle 5 was adjusted so that it would be hard to solve even with Googling.
Also, it's supposed to be fun, but it also has to be somewhat challenging. Riddles that are easily solved aren't fun.

46 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:03 am

actually, riddles can be fun, but smashing your head against a rude wall is not. i'm with malgayne on this one.

View user profile

47 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 am

I'm not saying I'm not going to work on it. I'm just saying that you don't have a whole lot of players in here, and cyc and I are a certain type of player. If you're looking for a different kind of player--the kind who isn't going to google your riddles, for example--then you're going to have to bring more people down the rabbit hole, and cut me loose. If you'd rather keep me, you have to keep me interested. I'm trying to make sure you're best equipped to do that.

That's why we're here, right ASEK Core? To play a game? Smile

View user profile

48 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey man, I only googled the basketball. The brain will prevail.

View user profile

49 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Second hint for puzzle 2: Puzzle 2 implies that Dec. 10 was the first time two Canadian NBA teams met. But if that isn't the answer, what is?

Also, puzzles 1,3, and 4 are correct

50 Re: Answer this Riddle on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 pm

So it's just the NBA players and the complicated one with the numbers.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum